The Oculus Quest comes out May 21, and takes us one step closer to the VR-future of science fiction. In our Oculus Quest review, we called it the “true future of virtual reality.” It has no wires, no sensors, and doesn’t require a computer to work. It’s entirely self-contained, and even includes a pair of touch controllers, and you can preorder Oculus Quest right now.
You might need to make some adjustments to game graphics, given this isn’t a headset with the full power of a gaming PC, but the trade-off is minimal given how excellent it is playing VR games free from constraints. It even has an “Oculus Guardian system,” warning you if you’re about to trip over your coffee table or some other obstacle. You can still see the real world through the headset, too, so you can disappear and reappear into whatever reality you want like you’re Doctor Strange.
Oculus Quest Preorder: What’s In the Box
The Oculus Quest comes in 2 different versions: 128GB and 64GB. The 128GB Oculus Quest preorder price is $499 and the 64GB Oculus Quest preorder price is $399. Other than the storage space, both units are identical and include the same parts and pieces in the box.
Here’s what comes packed in the box with the Oculus Quest:
- Oculus Quest headset (128GB or 64GB)
- Two Touch controllers
- Two AA Batteries
- 15w USB AC Adapter
- “Frame Friendly” spacer
The Frame Friendly spacer is an extra bit of material to help the headset sit more comfortably on the faces of glasses wearers.
Oculus Quest Preorder: Tech Specs and Release Date
Even though the Oculus Quest is completely stand-alone, you still need to set things up via a smartphone app. But once you’re set, you’re off to the races. Here are the specs for the Oculus Quest:
- Processor: Snapdragon 835
- Operating System: Android-based
- Resolution (per eye): 1600×1440
- Display Refresh Rate: 72Hz
- Weight: 1.1 pound
- On-board Storage: 128GB or 64GB
- Price: $499 (128GB)/$399 (64GB)
- Oculus Quest Release Date: May 21, 2019
Oculus Quest Preorder: Pricing and Where to Buy
Most major online retailers have preorder listings for both the $499 128GB and $399 64GB versions.
128GB Oculus Quest Preorders
64GB Oculus Quest Preorders
Oculus Quest Preorder: Supported Games
What would a VR system be without games to play on it? There’s a pretty substantial list of Oculus Quest games you can start playing on launch day, including classics like Beat Saber, Moss, and Superhot VR, among others.
Here is the full list of games coming to Oculus Quest on its May 21 release date:
- Angry Birds VR: Isle of Pigs, Resolution Games
- Apex Construct, Fast Travel Games
- Apollo 11, Immersive VR Education
- Bait!, Resolution Games
- Ballista, High Voltage Software
- Beat Saber, Beat Games
- Bigscreen Beta, Bigscreen VR
- Bogo, Oculus
- Bonfire, Baobab
- Box VR, Fit XR
- Creed, Survios
- Dance Central, Harmonix
- Dead and Buried 2, Oculus Studios
- Drop Dead: Duel Strike, Pixel Toys
- Electronauts, Survios
- Epic Roller Coasters, B4T Games
- Face Your Fears 2, Turtle Rock Studios
- First Contact, Oculus
- Fruit Ninja VR, Halfbrick
- Guided Tai Chi, Cubicle Ninjas
- I Expect You To Die, Schell Games
- Job Simulator, Owlchemy Labs,
- Journey of the Gods, Turtle Rock Studios
- Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes, Steel Crate Games
- Moss, Polyarc
- National Geographic VR Explore, Force Field VR
- Nature Treks, Greener Games
- Ocean Rift, Dr. Llyr Ap Cenydd
- Oculus Browser, Oculus
- Oculus Gallery, Oculus
- Oculus TV, Oculus
- Oculus Video, Oculus
- Orbus VR, Orbus Online
- PokerStars VR, LuckyVR
- Racket Fury: Table Tennis, Pixel Edge Games
- Rec Room, Against Gravity
- Robo Recall, Drifter Entertainment
- RUSH, Binary Mill
- Shadow Point, Coatsink
- Skybox VR Video Player, Source Technology Inc
- Space Pirate Trainer, I-Illusions
- Sports Scramble, Armature Studios
- SUPERHOT VR, SUPERHOT Team
- The Exorcist: Legion VR, Developer Wolf & Wood, Publisher Fun Train
- Thumper, Drool
- Tilt Brush, Google
- Ultrawings, Bit Planet Games
- Vader Immortal, ILMxLab
- Virtual Desktop, Virtual Desktop, Inc.
- Virtual Virtual Reality, Tender Claws
- VR Karts, Viewpoint Games
- VRChat, VRChat 53. Wander, Parkline Interactive
Check out our guide to 2019’s biggest game releases or see our comprehensive 2019 movie release schedule.
Seth Macy is IGN’s tech and commerce editor and just wants to be your friend. Find him on Twitter @sethmacy.
Tempmail – Temp mail address (10 minutes emails)- Why and how? Sometime you want to sign up for a site which requires email address to send a validation e-mail to. But you don’t want to provide your real email because they can send many spam mail to your email. To avoid that, visit this Tempmail generator: tempemail.co and you will have a Temp mail disposable address and end up on a bunch of spam lists. This email will expire after 10 minute so you can call this 10 min temporary email. Our service is free! Let’s enjoy!